Friday, May 14, 2010

Feel the Heat ?

Summer is a time when you see people going down to the beach, pull up their beach chairs, sip on a tall glass of lemonade, as the sun tan's their body. Closer back to home, summer is a time in India, when the mercury level shoots up to anywhere above 40 degrees Centigrade (104 degrees Fahrenheit) even before the peak of summer arrives. Today I am sitting in my extremely hot bedroom, the fan running faster than helicopter blades, curtains blocking out 45 degree Centigrade of heat from outside...



What can you do to escape the heat ?
The more privileged folks among us can indulge themselves in a lazy afternoon in the bath tub or switch on their air-conditioners for the entire day. For the rest of us, a dip in the pool should keep us cool (that's in case the water is not hot already), or switch on the trusty old air coolers and keep ourselves cool.
Cool drinks on a hot summer day is always welcome, but nothing does it like fresh cool water. Water ironically has that incredible ability to quench our thirst, hydrate and cool our bodies like no other. Summer would've been unbearable without water.

Sometimes life gets a little more hotter than normal. We get so busy doing things that we slowly start sliding back and sooner than later, we burn out. Disappointments and defeats might make you feel helpless and low and suddenly you feel like you've reached the end of yourself. I've faced situations where I've tried to  encourage and bring a sense of hope to people through Jesus but have literally stared at a hopeless situation day-in and day-out in my personal life. But just when I feel faithless, stressed and burnt out, I long for that spiritual water.

"...Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. 38Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him." 39By this he meant the Spirit..." (John 7:37 - 39). When we go through life's situations, it is so important we take time to refresh ourselves in His presence. The more we serve Him, the more we need to spend time with Him. When you feel dry in your spirit, open your mouth and force yourself to speak in tongues till you see a breakthrough and feel His gentle embrace. 
I pray that you take time in God's presence today and ask the Holy Spirit to fall afresh on you. I just drank from this living water a few hours back, and I am refreshed to go on and on for Him


"I have come to the end of me, and there's nothing I have to bring... Lord my life is an empty cup, here's my heart, would You fill me up...
All I want, all I need, is just to be with You, here I am at  Your feet just to be with You...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey please take some time to post in your valuable views. I greatly appreciate your effort, Thank You.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...