Sunday, December 5, 2010

Feel the Rain ?

One day as I was returning from college on my bike, it began to rain. And within a few seconds cold wind and huge rain drops began to lash over me. As the wind and the chilling-cold rain increased, I had to stop and take shelter underneath the trees. In the horizon, I soon noticed that I could see the end of the dark clouds, and this gave me a sudden thrill. From the time I was a child, I always wanted to be able to stand at a spot where I could see a clear divide between rain and dry land. I got back on my bike and sped ahead to the approximate spot... lo and behold I finally saw the clear line from where it had started to rain, leaving dry land beyond this spot. To say that "I was thrilled !" could be the understatement of the year.


I've had people come and ask me as to how we can differentiate between a Christian and a non-Christian. The Christian to whom I am referring, need not be a person who is from a so-called "chrisitan background" with a "john/peter" to his name but someone who attempts in exhibiting Christ in his everyday life. Yes, its true, the distinction between a Christian and a non-Christian has narrowed to oblivion in todays world.


The Bible, in Romans 8: 11 says, "And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of His Spirit who lives in you". This verse clearly tells us that, the same resurrection power that raised Jesus is living on the inside of us. It further says that this power will also give life to our mortal bodies. When somebody accepts Jesus as their personal Saviour, this same power starts dwelling on the inside of them. Think about this for a second... resurrection power on the inside of YOU.


Yet when we face situations, we respond like any other person. A negative report from the doctor will have us worrying over "the sickness" in our bodies. Pressure and targets at work leave us panicking and responding in a manner that betrays our faith. When we portray the same anxiety over awaited exam results, just like our peers... how do you think we fulfill our calling of being "the salt" and "light" of this world. Respond in Faith instead of fear. Respond with what the Word of God says about your situation. Respond with the assurance that the same power that resurrected Jesus from the grave, can heal your body, help you meet your goals and give you victory in your exams. Yes there are other things like us putting our effort but lets start doing things in the light of this power that God has placed inside of us. Lets remember that God has done His part on the cross, its now our job to claim the victory He has given us.


So my dear reader, look alive today. Just like what I shared about how the effect of rain could be seen clearly on one side and dryness on the other, similarly  Let the transformation that Jesus caused in you, be seen by everyone around you. Let there be a difference in the way you respond to life's challenges compared to a non-believer. For He has promised that He will never ever leave you. Let the effect of the 'rain' be seen in your life. 


 'Feel the heat?', talked about surrendering our worn out lives to Him and accept His refreshing.
 'Feel the Wind', talked about how we then start yielding to His direction.
'Feel the Rain', emphasis the change that needs to be seen as a result of His direction.
Hope you were blessed :).



2 comments:

  1. bruh...dat was amazing...esp the faith in the exam results time...;)...seriously...fear substituted by Faith can be the right antidote for any sickness...God Bless...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!....felt God speak to me through this one :).....Thankyou Amit for being such a blessing....praying that God will continue to use you for His glory :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey please take some time to post in your valuable views. I greatly appreciate your effort, Thank You.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...