Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sing Over Me


I remember being described as a chatterbox when I was a kid. Every morning as I got out of bed, the decibel levels would increase around home. I used to have so so so many things to talk about, anything and everything was a question and I always wanted to find out the answer. When my parents were getting ready to go to work, I would be running around asking them things, talking and talking and talking. They then used to leave me at my grandparents home and push off to work from there. Once I settled down, I would start off another story, question, idea... and start jabbering to my grandparents. And as the day went by, I would be all over the place... jumping on sofa's, climbing tables, jumping off chairs and run around outside the house. Had so much to talk, that even when I sat with my dog, would start talking to him. Every waking second of my childhood was full of activity. I remember getting restless if I couldn't find anything to do.



After lunch, my grandmother used to insist on me taking a nap. In one way it would give me rest but the other benefit was... some quiet time in the house. She would literally have to pin me down to bed as I found it very difficult to stay still. Soon my hands would start fiddling something, and again she had to pull them away.

Soon she would start humming a song. She didn't have the best of voices, but it sounded soothing to me. She would slowly sing over me and I suddenly used to feel a sense of calm. As she kept singing over and over, my eyelids would soon begin to shut. Even if I tried my best to keep them open, they would soon surrender and I would lie still on my bed and drift away to sleep. I remember my mom doing the same, she would prop me up on a pillow on her feet and gently sing and shake her legs to cradle me to sleep. All my energy and restlessness would disappear as I basked in the love poured onto me by my grandmother and my mother.

Zephaniah 3 : 17 says... The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." When you feel restless, when life seems to swallow you from all sides, when nothing seems to go right... Go to your heavenly Father. He will sing over you a song of deliverance, quieten you with His love and save you from all evil.

In a moment I am in Your presence, everything is clear...
As You begin to sing, over me, songs of Deliverance
Lord cover me with Your Mighty Hand
Sing over me, God of the Second Chance, Sing over me Once Again

9 comments:

  1. Amen!! Loved it....YES! HE sings over me n u ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written!!! and the verse was something that I really needed....Thank u, u truly r a blessing. BTW, I remember all the things Ammachi had to do to get u to sleep.....:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha yea was a handful :P. thanx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow thats like so wonderful to know. Oh how gr8

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh !! bt now u changed a lot thnk soo .... bt as da age passes away u r questioning had nt been chngd !!

    ReplyDelete

Hey please take some time to post in your valuable views. I greatly appreciate your effort, Thank You.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...